PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.09.2014

Footprint Penguin Craft {Polar Animal Week}

 I may have mentioned before that I love handprint and footprint crafts, and when I saw some adorable footprint penguins HERE  I knew I wanted to do this fun craft with my little this week.

I was really excited to do this craft because let's be honest...I don't do NEARLY as many crafts with the kids I have at home now as I did with my first two.  I have a box FULL of handprints and footprints of my oldest two daughters, but the box is sadly lacking when it comes to my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter.  Today was a great chance to add to that precious box just a little bit more, and even though I know its completely unrealistic to think I can do with 5 kids what I did with two...I have to at least give it a shot! ;)


Isn't this just the cutest little guy??  To get started the kids used cotton balls to paint some white snow on our paper.  Then came the really fun part ;)  The kids thought it was hilarious when I painted the bottoms of their feet black...its even more fun if your kids have particularly ticklish feet ;)

Once we stamped their foot down on the paper, we let the black paint dry and then I helped them paint the white body of the penguin.  We added flippers, a beak, eyes...and our cute little penguin was born!

This was a great craft for a slow morning when the kids may or may not have been driving me to the brink of insanity :)  Honestly, my baby has been sick for days and mommy with no sleep turns into Mean Mommy real quick.  I'm so glad I was able to put away the list of never-ending chores and giggle with my kids as I tickled their feet and laughed at the silly names they came up with for their penguins.  This is the real beauty of being a stay-at-home mommy.  These little moments that jump out at us from out of no where, and make us remember why we decided to do crazy things...possibly like have 5 children in 7 years or something like that ;)

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and keep checking in for more Polar Animal fun this week!!