PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.02.2013

MY word for 2013!

  Happy 2013 everyone!  I hope you had a fantastic night ringing in the new year with the ones you love most :)
 
As I have done for the last 4 years, I wanted to choose just ONE word for 2013 to really focus on.  Some words I have chosen in the past are SERVE, EMBRACE, and BALANCE.  Even though I could always use more work in all those areas, I really think choosing one word and having it be in the back of your head all year long really helps make little differences in your life.
 
Just like every other year, as soon as I started thinking about what word I should choose, a word instantly popped into my mind.  I am SO excited to focus this year on...
 
 
INTENTION!!
 
Do you ever feel like in your life you are just going through the motions, or in "survival mode"?   I know I certainly do.  The thing is though...these little moments out of each and every day that can feel SO monotonous are what make up a life!  And in 2013 I want to try and live that life to the fullest, by doing everything I can to have INTENTION  in all aspects of my life.
 
What does that mean to me? 
 
It means to have intention as I am mothering my children.  Intention to seek out teaching experiences, use the time we have together to create memories and strengthen bonds, and not let outside distraction get in the way of being the kind of mother I want to be.
 
It means to have intention in my personal spiritual growth.  Instead of just reading the scriptures so I can check them of my daily to-do list, read with the intention of understanding more deeply and relating those scripture stories to my own life and the lives of my family.  Instead of rushing into church and being grumpy with my crazy kids, preparing myself to partake of sacred ordinances and helping my children feel that same spirit in our home.  Instead of saying my prayers while I am half asleep, intending to grow closer to my Heavenly Father by being honest with Him and not only asking for his help and guidance...but waiting, listening and acting as the answers DO come.
 
It means to have intention in my marriage.  I am lucky...I married a really great guy.  Sometimes I put so much effort into being a mother and keeping up a home he gets put on the back burner.  I am going to put more intention into the precious alone time we DO have....turning the TV and computer off and finding more ways to spend quality time together!

I'm so excited for this year!!  I am really hoping as I explore the intention behind my actions I will live life more fully.  Instead of just going through the motions, I can live my life with REAL purpose and try more fully to make every moment count.

Do YOU choose a word of the year?  If so, I would love to hear what it is!! :)
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Jodi

I like intention. I think we do get lost in every day moments and feel they are boring or monotonous but you are right- they are life and we should still embrace them :)

Debra Hawkins

What a beautiful word for the year. I really love it! My word for the year is fearless! http://www.housewifeeclectic.com/2013/01/one-little-word-for-2013.html

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

Ooh, intention is a great word of the year. Funny, this idea of having a word for the year has been on my mind for the past few days. I haven't decided yet but ones that came to mind are hope and balance.