PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.11.2013

Making Homemade Ice Cream...with SNOW!!


Have you guys seen the movie Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs?

What is the best part of that movie?  Of course, its when it snows ice cream...right?!  I mean isn't that every kids (and pregnant womans ;) dream come true??  


Although I couldn't make it snow ice cream for my kids...I figured the next best thing would be to take the snow that we had...and make ice cream out of IT! :)

I have been excited to make this yummy treat with my kids all week...and luckily today the weather cooperated!!  I remember doing this when I was little, so after a little research on Google I found the simplest recipe and hoped for some fresh new snow :)  

Since we had plenty of the stuff, after school today we made Snow Ice Cream!


This is seriously SO easy!  All you need to get started is a big bowl of clean, fresh snow.

 

Then one can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.


Let your cute little helper pour the milk over the snow and start stirring!!


I couldn't believe how creamy the texture of our ice cream was!!



The recipe I found called for 1 TBSP of vanilla too, but we liked it so much we just left that part out.


We did add some Strawberry Sauce we had hiding in the fridge...the kids really loved that!





We enjoyed our ice cream while we watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, a perfect afternoon :)

If these faces are any indication...this treat was a HUGE hit!!

Linking up HERE!

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

I have always wanted to try snow icecream!! Believe it or not we have only had 1 snow day so far here in Chicago.

Unknown

Mmmm this looks so good and would hit the spot for my sweet tooth. My kids would enjoy it too!

I featured this post for the weekly kid's co-op on my blog. You can find it here:

http://www.homelearningjourney.com/the-weekly-kids-co-op-117/

Tammy

Yummy! I will be featuring your delightful recipe this week on the Kids Co-op at Housing A Forest. I would love for you to stop by and check it out!