PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.12.2011

Pumpkin Bracelets!

So...are you sick of pumpkins yet?!

We're not! :) Today we did a VERY simple craft that ended up being really fun, the kids could do it all on their own, and it was actually quite educational too. I give you...
Pumpkin Bracelets!!

All you need to make some of your own are different colored beads and some pipe cleaners. It's really that simple.

Once you have your supplies ready to go let your kids string beads on the pipe cleaner until they have enough to cover their wrist.

Once they had enough I just twisted the two ends together and then stuck green beads on to make a stem. I wrapped the remaining pipe cleaner in and around the pumpkin bracelet so it would stay put!

Not only did these turn out pretty cute, but as I said it was a great educational activity as well. We worked on patterns with the girls and for my little guy it was a great way to practice fine motor skills and color recognition.

Sometimes (alright...almost all the time) with young kids these simple crafts are the ones that turn out best and that they enjoy the most! :)

Glad you stopped by today, we have lots more fun stuff coming up! I never blog this much...but this is just such a fine time of year I feel like I don't want to waste a moment or an idea. Have a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

The Evans Family

I just found your blog and I am loving your ideas. We are having a pumpkin theme at our house this week also, and we made the pumpkin bracelets earlier in the week! They turned out great and were fun. I can't wait to try the pumpkin soup recipe. My kids will love to help. I also am excited to do your pumpkin FHE. What a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Lindsay

We love making these types of bracelets around our home. This is actually a really great idea for now. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown

I saw these on Pinterest and have been wanting to make some with my kids. They look like sooo much fun!

Jamy

My kids loved this! Thanks!