PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.22.2011

Halloween Scrappy Fabric Tutus!

Last night I got together with my amazing friend Hollie and we crafted the night away! I LOVE getting together with a good friend, chatting, and letting the creative juices flow :) Hollie made some ridiculously cute frames with fabric flowers...seriously adorable. I wanted to make something for my girls for the upcoming holidays...and this is how they turned out!


I have 3 little girls, so naturally....I LOVE tu-tu's! However, I am kind of over the tulle ones. Not that they are not adorable, but I feel like they get worn once and then they are completely squished and deformed! Plus, I think they are cuter on babies and I wanted something for my older girls too. I decided to try something I had seen somewhere on Pinterest...a Scrabby Fabric Tu-tu!



You make this just like you would a tulle one...all you need is an elastic waistband, some cute halloween fabric and you are all set to go.




After I knotted all the strips of fabric I fit it on Kendall and then finished cutting all the strips at an angle so it would have a funky, layered look to it.



I was THRILLED with how this turned out!! You can just use fabric scraps you have laying around, and I think for Kendall we just might add a witch hat and have her costume all ready to go! :)


Thank you SO much for stopping by and let me know if you try one of these out for yourself! It doesn't get much easier than this ;)



3 comments:

Lindsay

I've got to make this! It is super cute & super easy! What an adorable little model you have!

Unknown

Oh my, HOW FUN!!! It turned out so cute!

Hollie Hanson

Man you are fast blogger! It looks so perfect on Kendall!! I had a blast! We seriosuly need to do that regularly. I don't get much girly talk time :)