PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.17.2010

Cutting the Chaos, Week 6!

Hello everyone!! This weeks project is a little different, but turned out SO fun and cut out a lot of chaos at our house this week. My darling little Skylar had her 5th birthday yesterday!! For ever she has been dreaming up a grand birthday party with every kid she has ever met, piles of presents and cake and treats as far as the eye can see.

Well, thats great in theory, but when I really started trying to plan it, the timing was not great. We are moving in 3 weeks, trying to save every penny that we can, and in general just trying to simplify until we get into our new place. But here was the problem: How could I still do something special for my little darling without breaking the bank and throwing me into a nervous breakdown? ;)

This is where a stroke of genius came into play :) You may remember a recent post where I talked about how we eliminated enriched flour and high fructose corn syrup from our home, well the hardest thing for my kids to let go has been their breakfast cereal! They LOVE all the sugary stuff, and have been pretty sad to see it go. This is where I came up with the idea for our very own Princess Cereal Birthday Bash!! When Skylar woke up on Sunday morning this is what she saw....




I simply chose 4 of her favorite cereals, incorporated 4 of her favorite princess, and WALAHHH! A breakfast fit for a princess :)


Ariel's Underwater Treasures (Lucky Charms)


Jasmine's Royal Jewels (Trix)

Princess Aurora Puffs (Cocoa Puffs)


Cinderella's Glass Slipper Squares ( Cinnamon Toast Crunch)


Add fun glass jars, cute ribbon, and adorable chipboard cutouts of princess and there you have it!

Skylar had such a fun morning trying out all her favorite princess cereals :) She also kept saying, "Mommy, this is the best birthday ever!"

So if you are ever feeling like me and a birthday party is just too overwhelming, try something like this! Just find something simple that your child loves, tweak it to fit their personality, and instantly you have a hit!
In the coming weeks I have a feeling I will be overtaken by CHAOS!! You can expect a few posts on packing and organizing, and definitely dejunking :) Hope you're all having a wonderful week, and getting closer to being more organized so we can all enjoy the fun things in our lives!! :)

4 comments:

Chanty Cling

What a cute idea! It seems that you are full of them. Where are you moving? That sounds stressful. We will be doing that within the next little while and I am not looking forward to it. Hope all is going well for you.

Together We Can

Super, super cute!!

Bethany @ The Paper Pony

Cereal + Princesses + Party = 1 fantastic idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

S. L.

This is adorable! My little girl is turning 6 in a few weeks and I am definitely going to be using this idea! Thanks for sharing :)